Sunday, August 3, 2014

Kicking off a blog

Finally we're here.  This blog has been bouncing around in my head for a few years.  Today my friend Shawn and I came to an agreement: we would each start a blog and we would read each other's work.  So here it is.  Shawn's blog will be linked in the sidebar.  We may be the only readers, but that is fine.  It will make a good diary.
If anyone should find their way here without knowing me, some background: I've been gardening for some 20 years, and for the past 10 or so I've had a hobby greenhouse.  Here you can read about my misadventures in gardening, growing tropical plants, killing tropical plants, coaxing flowers, playing plant pimp, praying for fruit set, and cooking just about anything.  My winemaking schtick is to only use homegrown or very locally grown fruit or plants.  Each wine has as a main ingredient something I grew or something a close friend or neighbor grew.  Winemaking in a way is like soccer...it is very simple and easy to do, but it is very, very difficult to do well.  I'm getting better, slowly, thanks to help from friends.
So welcome to the blog, feel free to like or leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment