Sunday, February 12, 2017

March Work in February

We had a very nice weekend so I skipped Something Rotten at the Fox in St. Louis. After a long delay, I finally scheduled my ACL repair for a couple of weeks from now. There are only so many opportunities to get this work done.



When the painters did their work last fall, they brought in a huge bucket lift which destroyed the walk to the old arbor. The first item of business was to reset the pavers.


Then we got all of the grasses cut back. This is a job which used to take a couple of days. With the Grasshopper, it takes a couple of hours.

I'm going to receive around 120 vines in March and April. While I have some good friends who have volunteered to help plant, I felt as if it was my duty to get the holes dug ahead of time. I rented a small backhoe and it took about 4 hours.


On Sunday we cut back the beautyberries and cleaned up. Now we just need some grapes.

1 comment: