Friday, April 21, 2017

Est. 2017

Last week my dad drove down from Michigan to help plant the vineyard. He arrived on Thursday, and we had a light supper at Bek's. But I could tell something wasn't right. I didn't rest that night and by the next morning I felt entirely unwell. Dad and I went outside and planted two vines, but I could not continue. Six hours later, my swollen appendix was in a jar of formalin.

I woke from anesthesia with a little problem. I had over 100 vines to plant, and while I was much improved, I just wasn't really yet up to the task. Fortunately for me, I have friends and family that pitched in and got the job done.



Shawn, Dad, Jakob, Suzanne, Lisa

The appendicitis rescue crew got the vines in the ground in under 3 hours.

  • 9 Foch
  • 9 Frontenac
  • 10 Chambourcin
  • 9 Chardonel (grafted)
  • 9 Traminette
  • 36 Vidal
  • 44 Norton

We heeled in at least 1 extra vine of each variety in the event that I lose one.

On Sunday, Dad and I strung and connected the irrigation lines.



It certainly was a memorable weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment