Sunday, May 27, 2018

Memorial Day 2018 - Bachelor Weekend

Lisa went to Santa Barbara to visit Allison so I'm home alone for the weekend. After two days the chore lists has a satisfying look to them.


Not much mulching left to go.


For lunch last week and this weekend we made a very nice zucchini lasagna. Only problem was there was a lot of moisture in the zucchini, but still made for several tasty meals.



For Mother's Day the kids bought Lisa a sous vide cooker. We tried it out on ribs and it was also a success. Finished in the oven with a little BBQ sauce.




The elderflowers are coming on strong. After making some 6 gallons of elderberry wine last year, I'm considering some elderflower wine this year instead. To help with the decision, I popped open some elderflower wine from 2014, the only batch I've ever tried before. Not much elderflower...not any, really, but not bad wine. Elderflower wine is back in the rotation.

One of this weekend's chores was building a new set of sawhorses. I hope they last as long as the last set and that this is the second to last set of sawhorses I ever build.


Lisa and Allison seem to be having a good time in California.

My two favorite women

No comments:

Post a Comment