Monday, October 24, 2016

Minor Harvest

We had a minor harvest at the Pierce Ranch over the past couple of weeks. I cut down the bananas because we need the room and they are too slow to produce. There was one bunch of Dwarf Red left and I cut it down and slowly let it ripen in the garage. We couldn't eat them all before they were fully ripe, so I froze the remainder and we'll use these in wine.

Ready for the freezer
I grew the biggest sugar apple of my career. The rest of the family didn't like it that much so I ended up eating it all.



Finally, after about 10 years, we have blackhaws. They are reasonably sweet, mostly seed, but with a dark brown flesh which reminds me of a date or dried fig. The blackhaws are going into an Estate Quadberry Wine, along with elderberries, blackberries, and haskaps.


No comments:

Post a Comment