Sunday, October 30, 2016

Putting them to Bed

Lisa was in Florida for a weekend with her mom and sister, and call was kind to me.

The back porch project took another step forward. We removed the railing in the center of the porch and I'm removing a section of concrete to make the center bed more balanced. I cut the concrete last weekend but it did not yield to a sledgehammer. I rented a jackhammer to finish removing the concrete, and it worked like a charm.


I dug out the concrete and put up the two white boards I had. I'm short by 6' 8" so we can't close the book on the project quite yet.


I put the hydrangeas to bed. The last few years I've quit putting up chicken wire baskets in favor of simply a pile of limbs to trap the oak leaves.

Those piles of limbs and leaves are hiding the hydrangeas
I can't recall ever getting the plants into the greenhouse this late, the second to last day of October. Jake helped me with the plastic a couple of weeks ago when he was home. The plants which spent the summer inside the greenhouse look great. The plants which have been outside look a little rough. Without the bananas, there was room for everything. I recorded a little tour.



No comments:

Post a Comment