Sunday, February 13, 2022

2021 Wines - Chapter 3 - Vignoles

We were again invited to the Books' vineyard to pick up some late Vignoles. The grapes came in at 1.104, pH 3.08, and TA 12. I elected to cool ferment unadjusted. As with all of the wine this year, I used a Renaissance yeast, Allergro, along with Opti White and Booster Blanc and the usual nutrient protocol over 8 gallons. The yeast was pitched 9/12. By 9/29 it was 1.045, and by 10/16, after a month, it was 1.010 and came out of the fridge. A week later the two carboys were 1.000 and 1.005. It still tastes pretty sweet to me, but we'll sur lie age it and see how dry it is in a few months. If still too sweet, I've got a good blender. 

I also tried a co-ferment with 50% Vignoles, 50% Vidal, but didn't have room in the fridge for this one. It required no adjustments, usual additives and nutrition, and went fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment